In a perfect world, you’d be around all day to keep a super close eye on your puppy to toilet train them perfectly without any problems whatsoever.
Guess what? We’re not in a perfect world yet, so for now: we’ve got the best puppy training pads to help pick up some of the slack.
There are many dog training pads to choose from, and we’re here to help narrow down the field so that you don’t have to spend all day trying to pick the right ones, only to end up disappointed.
All of the training pads for dogs on this page are curated based on their value, absorbency, and other important factors.
Why Dog Training Pads Are Great
As the name suggests, these can be helpful if you have puppies. You can’t always make it outside, or be available to take them outside, so that’s where the pads come into play. When you can, you’ll want to pay attention to them and watch for early signals that they need to do their business, which can signal you to take them outside. When that’s not possible, you’ll have the pads.
They’ll help protect your flooring, whether you’re a daredevil and you have nice carpet for dogs, or another type of flooring. It’s always nicer to have the pee land on an absorbent pad than your floor, right?
If you live in an apartment, pet training pads will also be really useful. They’re affordable enough that the convenience is basically always worth it, compared to the alternatives.
Something else to keep in mind: Dog training pads aren’t just for puppies, either. If you have older dogs, or your dogs are just starting to get up there in age a little bit, you might be starting to notice that they aren’t able to control their bodily functions as well. They may not always have the energy, desire, or strength to make the trip outside.
Unlike puppies, older dogs know better when it comes to peeing in the house, they just aren’t always able to control it. Having training pads can help save them that guilty feeling of shame, which is priceless.
The Best Dog & Puppy Training Pads For The Money:
We took every factor into consideration to bring you these choices. From the convenience of ordering online and having them arrive at your door quickly, to prices that make them infinitely more desirable than cleaning up pee or having that smell get embedded into your flooring, not to mention the dignity it can offer to older dogs… here are our top picks of dog training pads, all things considered.
AmazonBasics Brand Dog Training Pads
- Dog and puppy pee pads for indoor, outdoor, or car use; ideal for puppy training, assisting senior...
- Includes 100 Regular size, standard absorbency pee pads for puppies and dogs
- 5-layer construction with absorbent core that turns liquid into gel on contact
- Quick dry surface with built-in attractant helps aid in potty training
- Plastic border on all 4 sides to prevent overflow
AmazonBasics makes some pretty decent products for the money, and these puppy training pads are no exception. They have thicker plastic and prevent leaks better than some of the bigger national brands.
They have different sizes available. The link above will take you to a 100 pack of the regular regular duty. They also offer heavy duty, extra heavy duty, and other sizes.
These aren’t the absolute very best ones out there, but they make a great “daily driver” and won’t break the bank so you don’t have to feel bad about tossing a few of them down at once. When you take value into the equation, these probably are the best dog training pad option out there overall.
Wee Wee Puppy Pee Pads
- Wee-Wee Pads are more absorbent than ever with a 6-layer Floor Armor leak-proof system
- Oversized quilted pockets on dog pee pads allow for maximum absorption
- Pee pads contain wet-lock gel that quickly traps urine
- Dog training pads guaranteed to work or your money back
- INTENDED FOR DOGS OF ALL SIZES - 22" x 23" dog pads intended for canines of all sizes
Now we’ve getting into something a little higher-end, and the price reflects it. But to restate something from earlier: It’s still a small price to pay for not having to clean up pee from your floor, or getting it on your carpet, or anywhere else for that matter.
These pads in particular come with a 24 hour guarantee, a special gel that locks in the wetness, seven layers of protection, and it even has an attractant that will make your dog want to pee on it.
The Febreze freshness odor control helps keep your home smelling fresh, even if the training pad ends up unfortunately sitting for a bit longer than it should.
The distinct blue color ensures that you’ve always got these facing the right side up, if you’ve ever had a pee pad that looks similar on the top and bottom and had it the wrong way, you’ll know what a disaster that can be so you’ll really appreciate this.
All-Absorb Dog Training Pads
- Quick drying surface prevents tracking
- The super-absorbent core can turn urine into gel instantly and hold up to 3 cups of liquid
- Built-in attractant and odor neutralizer
- Perfect for training puppies or assisting aging dogs
- Note : Package may be different due to transition from Made in China to Made in USA
These training pads are just a couple of inches shy of being two feet by two feet, a good size for most dogs. They are made in the USA, using components from America along with some that are imported.
They can hold up to 3 cups of liquid, and have a gel inside of them that collects it. Similar to the Wee Wee brand pads, they also have an attractant and an odor neutralizer.
They come in a box of 100, instead of 150 like the Wee Wee’s, so if you wanted a highly-regarded box of pads to try, but also wanted to invest a bit less up front, this is the way to go.
Eco-Friendly Puppy Pads By Wee Wee
- High quality quilted and super absorbent pads
- Designed with a 5-ply leak-proof Floor Armor system to protect your floors
- Dog potty pads include targeted attractant to draw dogs to the pad
- Dog training pads feature a leak-proof liner made from 50% recycled material and top layers made...
- Pads measure 22 inches x 33 inches and are perfect for dogs of all sizes
If you’re someone who doesn’t mind ponying up a little extra cash upfront for a training pad product that’s more sustainable and friendly to the environment, especially something like this that’s disposable and not reusable, then Wee Wee has you covered.
The standard size is 22 by 23 inches, and they have five protective layers. They’re made with bleach-free top layers, without the use of dyes. If it’s an earth friendly approach that appeals to you, and you’re okay with spending a bit more to have less of a footprint, then this is going to be your best bet. These pee pads come with 50 in a box instead of 100, which makes the price feel like it stings a bit less than if you had to buy 100 at a time, but again: if this is a priority for you, chances are you’re okay with spending a bit extra on the best dog & puppy training pads for the environment.
Final Thoughts On Dog Training Pads
Which dog pads are best?
It comes down to your budget, basically. At the end of the day, they’re all fairly similar, except some of them are thicker or more well-made, and others are a bit cheaper.
If you’ve just got a smaller dog and don’t need to use them super often, you can save a few bucks. If your dog is making big messes on a regular basis, you’ll appreciate having a dog pad that’s thicker and more absorbent.
- Best Flooring for Dogs
- We Found The Best Dog Nail Clippers For Making Grooming EASIER [Thank Goodness!]
- 48 Best Dog Names from Movies and TV for Male and Female Dogs
- Best Dog Bed For Arthritis
Enjoys eating well and a healthy lifestyle, although is partial to a good butter chicken.
When not working on the computer Simon will be outside with the dogs mowing, pruning or weeding the garden.