A traditional dog collar and leash can get the job done when it’s walk time, but for certain dogs with certain personalities, especially ones who aren’t as comfortable on a leash, sometimes just ‘getting the job done‘ isn’t good enough.
If you feel nervous about taking your dog on a walk because you don’t want them to start pulling on the leash and trying to chase other dogs or squirrels or people (or anything for that matter), then this type of dog harness that we’re about to feature might be right up your alley.
If having the correct harness for walking your dog gives you peace of mind, that alone is a huge step in the right direction, because that will help put your anxious dog at ease, too.
The brand Petsafe makes the Easy Walk dog harness, but there are a lot of other options out there that are similar, too. Let’s take a closer look at the Easy Walk, and a couple of other great options.
The Easy Walk Harness
- DELUXE VERSION: Features padded neoprene straps for cool comfort and reflector strips for night...
- LEGACY OF TRUST: This harness was created by a veterinary behaviorist and is trusted by a million...
- TEACHES BETTER LEASH MANNERS: Patented martingale loop and front chest leash attachment minimizes...
- NO MORE GAGGING AND CHOKING: The harness safely controls light to moderate pulling by resting across...
- QUICK AND EASY TO FIT: The quick-snap shoulder and belly straps allow you to fit the nylon harness...
This is one of the more popular options, but it’s not necessarily the best. It comes down to preference, but we’ll be comparing the Easy Walk to two other options to help you decide which one will be the best for you.
This harness goes around your dog’s chest primarily, rather than their neck, so if they do get excited, they aren’t going to choke themselves by pulling too hard on the leash.
This is a more gentle option for dogs that like to pull on their leashes a lot.
Please note: The link above links to the ‘small’ size, but make sure you follow the instructions on Amazon that detail how to properly measure and fit this harness to your dog, because having a proper fit is the most important part.
This harness has 5 points of adjustment, which is more than a lot of them have, which gives you a better opportunity to get a perfect fit.
There’s a deluxe version and a regular version. The difference between them is that the deluxe version has padding in a few areas (under arm, and belly) whereas the regular version just has a nylon strap. This extra padding is more comfortable for your dog.
Rabbitgoo Dog No-Pull Pet Harness
- Medium Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Medium Dogs, such as Boston Terrier, Dachshund, Heeler,...
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for...
- Easy to Use - This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2...
- Fully Adjustable - This adjustable harness features 4 easy adjusting straps around the body. You can...
- Safe and Comfortable - Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of...
Here’s another type of harness that’s very, very popular and that people LOVE (and so do their dogs!)
It comes in four different sizes, it’s adjustable, and it has some really great features that the Easy Walk is missing.
For starters, the Rabbitgoo brand harness has 3M reflective material which makes your dog more visible. This could be very important if they ever get away and are running around at dusk and nighttime. Without something like this they’re practically invisible to cars!
With the Easy Walk, you need to get the deluxe version if you want extra comfort padding for your dog instead of just potentially-harsh nylon straps. With the Rabbitgoo, though, the extra padding feature comes standard which is a nice bonus. Why even make one without extra padding, if the padding is more comfortable? (There could be a good reason why the regular Easy Walk doesn’t have padding, but we would tend to learn towards the options that offer more comfort for our dogs by default…)
Like other similar harnesses for dogs, this one works by evenly distributing the pressure that is created from your dog pulling on the leash, which prevents choking.
It’s quick and easy to put this harness on and remove it from your dog, and it’s well-made to stay in place once you’ve got it adjusted to fit right.
Barkbay Harness for Dogs
- EVERYDAY DOG HARNESS: This No Pull Dog Harness is Constructed from lightweight No Rip Nylon and...
- GREAT FOR PULLERS: No pull Front leading ring for more controls, help you train them to stop...
- EASILY PUT ON and TAKE OFF the head-over harness hassle-free.Unique 4 points of adjustments Design...
- LUMINOUS REFLECTIVE STRIPS to keep your dog safe and visible at night.
- STURDY BACK HANDLE for easy control and extra safety.
Here’s a third option that’s a lot more similar to the Rabbitgoo harness than the Easy Walk harness. It comes in four sizes, it’s adjustable, and it has reflective materials.
These harnesses are very helpful for dogs who pull on the leash, or “pullers”. If you’ve ever been wondering how to get your dog to stop pulling on the leash, this could be what you’re looking for. The design of these harnesses encourages your dog to walk next to you, rather than trying to pull ahead. And when they do pull, they won’t be hurting themselves by choking on the collar, causing confusion and making the situation worse.
While the size of this harness can adjust a great deal, it’s still better to start with the correct size and go from there (S, M, L, XL.) If your dog is still growing, it’s a good idea to check if the straps need to be adjusted every now and then, too.
How Do No Pull Harnesses Work For Dogs?
All of these harnesses are very well received by most people who get them, and have been life-changing for a lot of pet owners who can now easily take their dogs on walks without any worries of it turning into a whole scene.
These harnesses generally work by taking the tension created when a dog pulls on their leash and spreading it throughout the body, rather than having it all focused around their necks. It’s like that magic trick where somebody lays down on a bed of nails. If you were to lay down on one single nail, it would pierce through you but if you lay down on thousands of nails, and your weight is spread out more evenly, then you won’t get hurt. Think of a collar around your dog’s neck as that one nail, and a harness is like having 1000 nails to spread out the pressure.
It’s worth noting that some dogs are just fine with regular collars, too, and don’t necessarily need an Easy Walk style of harness. Also, if you’re looking to use a smart dog collar, you’ll want to ensure that it’ll be compatible with a harness.
The Final Verdict: Which Easy Walk Harness Is Best?
Each of the harnesses featured on this page is great. They’re all well-made, and offer their own advantages. We find more advantages in the Barkbay and Rabbitgoo offerings because they have more padding for your dog.
But you can’t go wrong with any of these three, so pick the one that sticks out to you the most and you’ll be very happy with it – and so will your dog!
- Whistle 3 Review: We Compare It To The Link AKC Smart Dog Collar
- Dog Intelligence Ranking: Our List Of The Smartest Dogs In The World
- 48 Best Dog Names from Movies and TV for Male and Female Dogs
- Best Dog Bed For Arthritis
Enjoys eating well and a healthy lifestyle, although is partial to a good butter chicken.
When not working on the computer Simon will be outside with the dogs mowing, pruning or weeding the garden.